Wednesday 1 April 2020

Beast Mode

Being housebound due to Corona has some advantages and the guys are finally all kitted out and ready for painting. Meet Beast Mode. They're original lead and Fanatic Goliaths, with some new bits added to bring them up to date with N20. It's taken a fair bit longer than planned to get them done - partly due to lack of experience with modding/green stuff and partly due to the discovery that pewter is horrible to work with! There's one guy not shown. He's going to remain secret for the foreseeable and, if I don't balls it up, should be pretty epic.







Now to make them match their finished bros ..



8 comments:

  1. Oh mate these are so boss! I love that you've kept the original style and brought it up to date. Now please do it with Delaque instead so that I can steal your ideas for myself :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers man! That's plan moving forward - making old gangs current where possible. And Delaque will happen one day. Just don't hold your breath - I move at glacier pace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those giant saw blades are totally boss dude. I'm wishing I had access to my old gangs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! I think they're old Killa Kan saws.

      Delete
  4. Ah these take me back bit, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude! I'm a sucker for old Necromunda minis and the plan is to get all the gangs done eventually.

      Delete
  5. Mmm some beefy conversion work going on here, I like your style :D the painting is top notch too, I'm digging those smooth flesh tones :D

    I tried making some arms for a Goliath conversion I did, a couple of guys riding a bike, it felt like I was sculpting a dozen bread rolls, seriously lumpy dudes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man! I'm happy with the skin, although it's a bit weird painting nipples.

      Yeah, i've been fighting lumps and mold lines with these guys. More than a few only became obvious after getting some paint down, which is a pain in the arse! They live in the wastelands - so I reckon a few lumps are to be expected anyways.

      I'll check out your bike dudes.

      Delete